Yesterday, on Sunday, after the church service, we decided to picnic with all teachers who taught at the English and computers camps and to make an evaluation of the done work. We chose to go to the park near the motor cross route from Schinoasa. It is a very nice place with big trees and picturesque glades.
You can not find a clean place to rest
It was unpleasant to see that wherever we found a suitable place to stop, we found so much trash left by those who had been before us, as shown in the picture below.
You have to clean up first
We chose to clean up first and to take all that garbage out of the clearing where we stopped. We took the trash to a place near the road where was a large pile that we hope it will be taken soon to the sanitation service.
Why is it so?
In my opinion there are three main reasons.
- People do not think about their neighbor and do not care of the one who will come after them to rest there.
- Soviet communist system has taught people to have no respect for the common property or for the property of others.
- There are no special places in the park where people could throw trash after resting.
What to do?
- To clean up before we leave wherever we go. Even in the Holy Scriptures it is said this: “You shall also have a place outside the camp and go out there, and you shall have a spade among your tools, and it shall be when you sit down outside, you shall dig with it and shall turn to cover up your excrement. Since the LORD your God walks in the midst of your camp to deliver you and to defeat your enemies before you, therefore your camp must be holy; and He must not see anything indecent among you or He will turn away from you” (Deuteronomy 23:12-14). God wants to reflect His glory through our presence in any place.
- To come with initiatives from churches, youth movements, sports clubs, etc. to clean up the park as we did in autumn 2007 in Rose Valley Park. These are special occasions for evangelism.
- To solicit the mayoralty and sanitation services to install in the city’s parks enough bins where people could throw trash, and then, to empty these boxes in time.
- Every year to teach special lessons in schools, that children may learn to keep cleanliness anywhere they go. I know that such lessons are taught, but perhaps they should be more frequent.
What solutions to this problem does the reader see?
Translated by Felicia Rotaru