I have a question. I went to a priest and asked his help because I have a situation where only God can help me. The priest told me to fast three Wednesdays and four Fridays and every day to say prayers 25 times for 40 days. Please tell me what I can not do during fasting. Thank you.
Fasting is a widely discussed topic in the Sacred Scripture. Because I have written many articles on this subject, I have gathered them in the list below and I recommend you to read them to receive the answer to the question which you have addressed me and to others that can appear:
- What did Jesus Christ say about fasting?
- What is the difference between the alimentary fasting and the spiritual one?
- Is it a sin conceiving children in a fast or a feast day?
- About food and water consumption during fasting
- What is the most important fasting?
- Is alcohol allowed during fasting?
- What does the Bible say about food allowed during fasting period?
- Why Christians do not fast for 40 days as Jesus Christ did?
- How to fast if you have a sick stomach?
- Who are you fasting for?
God bless you and give you the help that you seek by fasting and prayer.
Translated by Felicia Rotaru