We have a blog and sometimes people come to comment using bad words. What to do regarding to such comments and to those who post them? But when such comments are on other blogs or news portal?
God teaches us in His Word:
Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will also be like him. Answer a fool as his folly deserves, that he not be wise in his own eyes. (Proverbs 26:4-5)(NASB)
Following the teaching of this passage I wish to give you the following advice:
- Never allow indecent comments on your personal blog.
- If you have a blog on WordPress then I recommend you to use the comments system Disqus which is a very good one and allows you to easily manage comments and block accounts of those who abuse by the way they comment.
- Write a new page on your blog where you write the Regulations, so that everyone who comments may know that vulgar and indecent comments will not be admitted and I also advise you not to allow any comments where someone’s person is attacked.
- If you see indecent comments on other’s blogs, since the author allows indecent comments there, do not visit that blog anymore. Unfortunately, this happens on many news portals where such comments are left. In my opinion, we should take attitude towards such portals and ask them to review policies for commentators.
- Do not be manipulated by those who once commented with bad words, or when someone attacks a person, they also blame on you that you are not democratic, you are not honest, etc. when you block their accounts. Let them do their orders at home and not on your blog. Moreover, if someone enters your house and starts talking or acting indecently I am sure you will invite him to leave the house and never come to visit you again.
In the Epistle to the Christians of Ephesus the Apostle Paul said that among them …
there must be no filthiness and silly talk, or coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. (Ephesians 5:4)(NASB)
Translated by Felicia Rotaru