Categories
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Recent comments
Second, third , fourth marriages is adultery unless the man has died for the woman and both if they remarry. So many have stay in sin.. Lets get real.. Mark 10: 7-12..
20.10.2014 22:43
More suitable for today's time if an armed gunman is standing before me and my initial reaction is panic I have sinned...but that does not mean that I did not have fear. However it's a good man is standing before me and I have fear but I remain calm in inside of myself I pray and and trust in the Lord I have not sinned. We have to understand that as humans we will have any emotion, but it is what we do with the emotion that will determine the sin.
18.10.2014 14:44
Again I disagree.. The Bible encourages us to fear not, but where does it call fear a 'Sin'? If that is the case then anger is a sin... And we know very clearly the Bible says be angry but sin not. I respect that you may be well educated, however I disagree that fear is a sin. The Bible says to bring everything to God and so if I have a fear my initial reaction is to bring it to God. There for having the fear is not the sin, but it is a reaction that determines whether or not you have sin. If I don't have enough money to pay my bills and I worry I have sinned. But if I don't have enough money to pay my bills and I pray and trust God I have not sinned.
18.10.2014 14:39
I don't agree that fear is a sin.. I do believe that the action you perform once you feel the emotion of fear could be sinful but to fear is not sin. Just like to have anger is not a sin for the Bible declares to be angry but sin not. So if I have a fear it's what follows that emotion that determines the sin. If It's raining and I have limited visibility that will create fear, and if I panic I have sinned, but if I am calm and pray I have not sinned even though I did fear.
15.10.2014 23:23
ALSO I AM NOT ;/.....http://www.mes-series-ddl.com
21.09.2014 18:22
Beloved Pastor, the portal and question and answers are very useful to many(teens, young men and Adults). As a Bible Teacher in my area (Tamilnadu), India, I pray that Lord Almighty will give you more wisdom and practical knowledge to answer many questions like in the Biblical way. Prof.S.Needhidasan sneedhidasan@gmail.com
16.09.2014 12:01
16.09.2014 11:58
Jesus is the only way to be save
07.09.2014 22:44
Ask the priest
Confession of sins

Translators have to read the Bible

9 dec 2011 | ora 17.47 Society | Priest Vasile Filat

I have recently read the book “Public speaking and Influencing Men in Business” by Dale Carnegie. Because I had it at hand in Romanian, I chose to read it in this language, but I concluded that if I wanted to read a book in the future and I knew the original language, you must read it in the original. Dale Carnegie’s book translation seemed good until I reached the passages where the author quotes the Bible. Since then, I became very suspicious on the quality of the translation of the entire book and here is why. Dale Carnegie refers to the following text of the prophet Isaiah:

Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool. (Isaiah 1:18)(NASB)

Here’s how this text appears in the Romanian translation of the book …

“Though your sins should be red like fire, they will become white as snow.”

The meaning has been distorted. Here is another example. The translation of the book says:

When the apostles asked Jesus why He taught people speaking to them in parables, He replied: “Because they can see without seeing and hear without hearing, and so they also can not understand.”

Here is the English translation of this biblical text:

Therefore I speak to them in parables; because whileseeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. (Matthew 13:13)(NASB)

Every Christian should read the Bible in a systematic way, but even if you are not a Christian, every educated person should read this book which has influenced the culture and art of all mankind.

I hope the above examples have convinced everyone who is involved in translation how important it is to read and know the Bible.

Translated by Felicia Rotaru

Follow us on social networks:
I pastor the ”Good News” Church in Chisinau, Moldova, I teach God's Word at the Inductive Bible Study Institute of Eurasia, and I also lead the "Precept Ministries in Moldova” Association. With God's help I founded the Taekwon-Do club " Stolas Leukas ""English for a New Life" School, the Computer School "ScripTehInfo", the International Sports Coaching School and the International Media School. I am married to Anastasia, and we have three children. Since April 2007 we have provided answers from the Bible on this website to 1178 questions submitted by readers. To learn more about me, please read here.