Categories
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Recent comments
sorry but :What does the Bible say about men who beat their wives? ?? doesnt say anything ? yes man should respect and love his wife , but what if he beat her /? what does bible says about that , i know bible allow beating slaves and children , but wives i dont know , but women was commanded to obey and submit to there husband
01.09.2014 16:31
O, the answer is very super... May God bless u...
03.08.2014 17:49
La Moldavia e' piena di belle donne,ma non mi pare che,al di fuori di un ristretto numero c he praticano la prostituzione,si possa parlare di un paese di puttane. Certo,io che sono italiano,devo riscontrare un diverso approccio co n i problemi del sesso.Non bisogna pero' dimenticare che,da quando esiste il mondo,esiste questa forma di commercio,che attraverso i secoli era mascherata da necessita' reali.
24.07.2014 13:52
Mark 10:5-6 It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote this law, Jesus replied. But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? DO NOT BE DECEIVED; Neither the sexual immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. Matthew 4:17 From that time began to preach, "Repent for the kingdom of heaven is near." 1 Corinthians 6:11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
22.06.2014 03:10
Thank you Vasile for explaining God's word. God bless you. From Savio in India
01.06.2014 09:10
The bible wasn't written by a pagan king, but was written by Pagans.
20.04.2014 18:34
it is the reading, meditating on and application of gods word in our lives that provides the opportunity for finding purpose, truth and salvation. Not merely reading it. The history of the bible shows it is the most printed book in the last 600 years but not the most widely read, sadly. Religious dogma has replaced truth of gods word, ritual and tradition. So obtain a good translation, read and seek to understand by letting the bible explain itself. Review key things because you will begin to understand who we are, why we need help and the consequences of not reaching out for that help now. Read, listen to gods word, obey and apply his principles then you will be blessed
30.03.2014 11:39
I wonder, if we can see signs of the Apocalypse coming, not only in social turmoil but in the natural world's decadence, Why is the church still encouraging women to have children? If we see millions of children without homes, How can it be good to encourage people to reproduce instead of adopting?
17.01.2014 18:46
Ask the priest
Confession of sins

Translators have to read the Bible

9 dec 2011 | ora 17.47 Society | Priest Vasile Filat

I have recently read the book “Public speaking and Influencing Men in Business” by Dale Carnegie. Because I had it at hand in Romanian, I chose to read it in this language, but I concluded that if I wanted to read a book in the future and I knew the original language, you must read it in the original. Dale Carnegie’s book translation seemed good until I reached the passages where the author quotes the Bible. Since then, I became very suspicious on the quality of the translation of the entire book and here is why. Dale Carnegie refers to the following text of the prophet Isaiah:

Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool. (Isaiah 1:18)(NASB)

Here’s how this text appears in the Romanian translation of the book …

“Though your sins should be red like fire, they will become white as snow.”

The meaning has been distorted. Here is another example. The translation of the book says:

When the apostles asked Jesus why He taught people speaking to them in parables, He replied: “Because they can see without seeing and hear without hearing, and so they also can not understand.”

Here is the English translation of this biblical text:

Therefore I speak to them in parables; because whileseeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. (Matthew 13:13)(NASB)

Every Christian should read the Bible in a systematic way, but even if you are not a Christian, every educated person should read this book which has influenced the culture and art of all mankind.

I hope the above examples have convinced everyone who is involved in translation how important it is to read and know the Bible.

Translated by Felicia Rotaru

Follow us on social networks:
I pastor the ”Good News” Church in Chisinau, Moldova, I teach God's Word at the Inductive Bible Study Institute of Eurasia, and I also lead the "Precept Ministries in Moldova” Association. With God's help I founded the Taekwon-Do club " Stolas Leukas ""English for a New Life" School, the Computer School "ScripTehInfo", the International Sports Coaching School and the International Media School. I am married to Anastasia, and we have three children. Since April 2007 we have provided answers from the Bible on this website to 1178 questions submitted by readers. To learn more about me, please read here.